Are you looking for people with the right skills to add to your team? Contact Michael H. Davis II, Business Services Manager, at 918-796-1228, email@example.com, so he can connect you with our Business Services Team for a customized, no cost approach.
TDD/TTY: 1-800-722-0353; Voice: 1-800-750-6096
Financial Incentives for Hiring
State of Oklahoma Incentives
The State of Oklahoma provides various financial incentives to new or expanding companies. Click here for details.
Charlotte Howe, Oklahoma Department of Commerce at 918.619.2482 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Federal Bonding Program
In 1966 the U.S. Department of Labor established The Federal Bonding Program to provide Fidelity Bonds that guarantee honesty for “at-risk”, hard-to-place job seekers. The bonds cover the first six months of employment. There is no cost to the job applicant or the employer.
Click here for more informaiton.
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
The Work Opportunity Tax Credit supplies federal tax credits of between $1,200 and $9,600 per employee to employers who hire people within certain targeted groups that are listed below:
- Recipients of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Recipients of SNAP (food stamps)
- Designated Community Resident (An 18-39 year old who lives within one of the federally designated Rural Renewal Counties or Empowerment Zones.)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Referral (An individual with a disability who has completed or is completing rehabilitative services from a state-certified agency, an Employment Network under the Ticket to Work program, or the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipient:
- Summer Youth Employee (A 16 or 17 year-old youth who works for the employer between May 1 and September 15 and lives in an Empowerment Zone.)
For details, please click here.
Layoffs & Reductions in Force
Rapid Response Events
When a layoff becomes necessary, we work with employers to assist affected employees become re-employed as quickly as possible.
Our services are completely confidential.
We provide workshops at your location (or a location of your choosing) on the day(s) that works best for you and your employees. We provide customized information that can include any of the following:
- How to file for unemployment insurance;
- What jobs are in demand in our market;
- Opportunities for re-training, including post-secondary education;
- Discuss workshops that are available such as job search, resume writing and interview skills;
- Any other information that is relevant to helping your employees transition.
To view the US Department of Labor's Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN), please click here.
To set up an initial meeting/phone call with the Rapid Response team, please contact Pam Bridwell at (405) 245.8182 or Pamela.Bridwell@oesc.state.ok.us.
Training & Incentives
On The Job Training
The On The Job training program is designed to fill the skills gap for employers by allowing new employees to be trained "on the job" by experienced employees, providing job seekers with work experience and skills training needed to successfully obtain and retain employment with you. The program
- provides reimbursement to the employer of 30% of the training hours wage rate of the participant (up to a wage rate of $16.00/hour; $10/hour for entry level). The Employee may be paid for than these rates. The caps are for reimbursement purposes only.
- Provides knowledge or skills training essential to the full and adequate performance of the job;
- Is limited to a maximum of six months;
- Is customized for the employer/employee and the employer has complete control over whom he or she hires.
Contact Michael H. Davis II, Business Services Manager, at 918-796-1228, email@example.com, so he can connect you with our Business Services Team.
Diversity & Inclusion
A Council of the Tulsa Regional Chamber, the primary focus of the Mosaic council is to create awareness about the competitive advantage of having a diverse and inclusive business climate in our region. Mosaic seeks to leverage the region’s diversity to improve perceptions of our community and grow the economy. Ultimately, Mosaic wishes to catapult the Tulsa region into the forefront of diversity and inclusion through talent recruitment initiatives and business retention and expansion efforts.
YWCA Immigrant and Refugee Department offers immigration assistance, English as a Second Language classes, Project Citizenship, and Refugee Job Development. The Refugee Job Development program offers job assistance to refugee job seekers and their employers. Refugee employment services offered are job search assistance, basic job readiness, resume building, job referrals and placement, interpreting, employee paperwork assistance, and post-employment support.
Prove It Assessments
Prove It Assessments allow employers to help ensure that job seekers have the skills needed. Prove It Assessments are available to job seekers at the Eastate and Sapulpa Workforce Centers. Hundreds of assessments are available, ranging from "Accounting Terminology - Advanced" to "Blueprint Basics" and everything inbetween. View a complete list of the available assessments here. There is no cost to the employer or the job seeker.
To learn more about the Prove It Assessments, contact Michael H. Davis II, Business Services Manager, at 918-796-1228, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Child Care Resource Center
The Child Care Resource Center can conduct an in-depth, specialized search to help your employees find childcare just right for them. Degreed Referral Specialists will be happy to help your employee with his or her child care search. The Child Care Resource Center is a service of the Community Service Council.
Tulsa Area Human Resources Association
The Tulsa Area Human Resources Association is a member-based organization that provides information on human resources meetings and activities in the Tulsa area, employment information, legislative information, and other information.
Partners in Education
Founded in 1983, Partners In Education remains the longest continually-operated program of the Tulsa Regional Chamber. By establishing partnerships between businesses, organizations and schools around measurable, strategic outcomes, Partners In Education has played a vital role in the community for over 30 years.